It's an online New Year's party for the demoscene. People will make demos, music, and art, and we're going to show them at the party, on New Year's Eve. We hope you will join us, and maybe even make something! The party itself will be hosted on our Field-FX Twitch stream, so if you are missing out on the partying this year, and you want to hang out with the lovely people of the demoscene, come and join us!
Is this what Field-FX is about?
No! Field-FX is a demoparty in a field! The next one will be at EMF Camp 2022, and we are hoping that it can be in person. But right now our winter partying plans have been disrupted, and we want to kick out the jams!
If you've never encountered the demoscene before, the wikipedia article is a good introduction.
23:59 (CET) Deadline - We want to give your productions the presentation they deserve, and to do that we need time. This will be the final deadline, no exceptions.
18:00 (CET) Opening
18:30 (CET) Compos
21:00 (CET) Shader Jam - Feat. LynnDrumm
22:00 (CET) Prize giving
22:30 (CET) DJ Set
23:30 (CET) Goodnight/Chat on discord!
11:00 (CET) Jackbox games
12:00 (CET) Party recap
13:00 (CET) Goodbye!
Demo - Any real time production that does not fit into the below compos. Compo machine details coming soon. Runtime maximum 10 minutes.
Fantasy compo - Anything made on a fantasy computer/console. Runtime maximum 10 minutes.
Graphics/Photo - A graphics or photo entry. All formats accepted.
Music - All formats accepted. Runtime maximum 5 minutes.
Wild - All formats accepted. Runtime maximum 10 minutes.
- Please include a screenshot and video capture of your intro in 1280x720 MP4 format.
- You must be registered to vote in order to upload your entries. See Vote.
- Compo machine specs: Ryzen 9590x 128gb RAM, RTX 3070. If you need something else, send us a message.
- Oldschool platforms: We may not source real hardware for your particular platform. Provide a video capture as usual.
- Graphics/Photo - A graphics or photo entry. All formats accepted.
- Music - All formats accepted. Runtime maximum 5 minutes.
- Wild - All formats accepted. Runtime maximum 10 minutes.
- You can enter as many competitions you like, with as many productions as you like.
- Only original and unreleased works are allowed.
- The organizers' decisions are final. We want to show off all your work to the standard it deserves, but we are doing this in our spare time and things can go wrong. Getting your entries in before the deadline is a good way to ensure that it gets shown!
- Be respectful and have fun.
Voting will be via Wuhu (an online voting system). To get a vote key please either email us (below) or send a DM on the Demoscene discord to either reality404#3469 or aldroid#5633 for more details.
The partynet is here: wuhu.field-fx.party
If you would like to help please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on Twitter! @fx_field